Rochester MN MTG

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Latest topics
» Possible Gatecrash Spoilers (Also, this place is boring. What's going on down in Rochester to kill the forums?)
Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:30 am by Ran

» Return to Ravnica
Fri Sep 14, 2012 1:52 am by Ran

» trading post
Mon Jul 16, 2012 11:40 pm by Ran

» Bruna as Commander
Tue Jun 19, 2012 11:21 am by Blacrowe

» Sacrifice!
Tue May 22, 2012 11:01 pm by MindofMyrddin

» U/R Mad Cards (Avacyn Restored)
Sun May 13, 2012 9:00 pm by MindofMyrddin

» G/W Aggro GP Minneapolis
Thu May 10, 2012 2:59 pm by MindofMyrddin

» WTF is wizards doing to me.
Fri May 04, 2012 5:08 pm by Ran

» U/W Delver Spirit Mantle
Wed Apr 18, 2012 3:48 pm by gunndaddyp

April 2017
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Share | 

Increasing EDH Turnout

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
JakeFaas
Admin

PostSubject: Increasing EDH Turnout   Thu Oct 29, 2009 1:11 pm

What can we do? I want lots of people to enjoy this awesome format! We should try and have a multi-tiered box tournament, where the winner (or winning team) gets an entire box of cards! Lets think.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Be_Nike

PostSubject: Re: Increasing EDH Turnout   Thu Oct 29, 2009 3:57 pm

A box isn't a bad idea...might be a tad expensive if you do it on a regular basis though. We play chaos EDH every week down here in Kansas and we usually get around 8 people, sometimes more. We usually have two tables playing and the top 2 players from each table move on to a final table(3 points for win at first table, 2 for second place at first table). The same point system applies to the second table and the person with the most points at the end of day, usually takes home an original dual land(sometimes other older money cards like phyrexian dreadnoughts and goyfs and whatnot--sometimes a few Bobs or other extended things). I think that sort of prize is good, because it allows players to further enhance their edh decks with better fixing or good cards and it also helps players who have maybe only played standard the chance to get a jump into extended or legacy, since the duals and some of the money cards are the main reason many players avoid those awesome formats.

I don't know about other people, but I love going to EDH each week because the format is fun and dynamic. It also helps if there is incentive and the older cards we give away down here bring in a lot of people, don't cost as much as say a box would, and have started a lot of people playing legacy(which is my personal favorite constructed format).

I hope some of these suggestions help. More people need to play the greatness that is EDH.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tyler
Admin

PostSubject: i got a plan...   Thu Oct 29, 2009 4:11 pm

Get more locals on the forums! (no offence) king

that way we can infect people with EDH Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Be_Nike

PostSubject: Re: Increasing EDH Turnout   Thu Oct 29, 2009 4:18 pm

Tyler wrote:
Get more locals on the forums! (no offence) king

that way we can infect people with EDH Twisted Evil

Haha, none taken. I played in Rochester for all of my high school years, but I'm currently at college at Kansas State University. Just trying to help the guys I've had so much fun playing with over the years Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Increasing EDH Turnout   

Back to top Go down

Increasing EDH Turnout
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
RMTG :: Elder Dragon Highlander-
Jump to: